Date Published: 2019-04-02
Date Updated: 2019-04-02
The Goldendoodle breed is a super fun addition to the family. All of you who own this type of dog must agree, we know we do.
Because we like to speak on behalf of all dog owners and all dog breeds, we want to make sure we take the time to write about every type of dog we can. Here, we’ll tell you a little bit about the Goldendoodle and the health issues related to the breed. Then, we’ll give you a brief overview of what you can do to help your Goldendoodle out when he or she is suffering from the most common ailments.
About Goldendoodle Dogs
Goldendoodle’s are a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle. Because mom and dad are so smart, friendly, and active, that makes the Goldendoodle the same way.
These affectionate and loving dogs have many family-friendly traits that we could talk about all day. The most well-known of the list include:
- Moderate shedding
- Stranger friendly
- Well trained
Goldendoodle Dog Health Issues
Cross-breeding has been known to eliminate a lot of health issues in dogs that have a different breed of mom and a different breed dad. However, that does not mean that ALL the potential health issues go away entirely.
Some of the most common associated with the Goldendoodle is as follows:
- Atopic Dermatitis: This allergic skin disease causes allergens in the air to be inhaled or absorbed through the skin, creating a super sensitive reaction in the skin. The following symptoms may result: Itching, redness, malodour of the paws.
- Patellar Luxation: Patellar luxation results from the patella, or the kneecap, continually popping in and out of place. This typically happens in more active breeds and seeing as the Goldendoodle is relatively active, they are at risk for developing this disease.
- Dysplasia: Many dog breeds have the risk of developing this disease that is associated with joint problems. In Goldendoodle’s, this may result from hindlimb lameness.
How Can CBD Oil Help My Goldendoodle Dog?
There are many health issues that CBD oil can help treat in your Goldendoodle. However, here, we’re going to talk about the three most common ailments that were already named above, and then we’ll get into how CBD products can help in the treatment plan.
- Atopic Dermatitis: Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as skin allergies, can be categorized as an inflammatory response to a foreign invader. Because of this, and because CBD oil is known as a natural anti-inflammatory, the oil can provide relief for your Goldendoodle.
- Patellar Luxation: Patellar luxation is a very painful disease in which the kneecap slips out of place whenever the dog is physically active; with that being said, you must assume that there is a lot of pain and inflammation resulting from the slipping of the kneecap in and out of place. Taking CBD will calm those painful symptoms down and allow your dog to be more active again.
- Dysplasia: As with patellar luxation, dysplasia is an uncomfortable disease resulting from weakened and loosened joints around the hip and elbow. Once again, these conditions cause pain and inflammation, two symptoms that CBD oil is known to help combat.
Are Goldendoodle Dogs Having Success with CBD?
Goldendoodle dog’s face many health issues that other breeds face, like patellar luxation and dysplasia. In recent years, both conditions have been treated with CBD oil to the point where the dogs have regained their active lifestyles; the same goes for Goldendoodles.
As for atopic dermatitis, CBD oil has been known to reduce allergies in all breeds of dogs, too. It won’t stop when it comes to Goldendoodles, that’s for sure.