There are three breeds of poodles: Standard, Toy, and Miniature. Today, we’ll talk about Miniature Poodles.
In this article, we’re going to break down an overview of the dog breed known as the Miniature Poodle. After that, we’ll discuss some of their most common health issues, along with an all-natural alternative medication you can use known as CBD oil. CBD oil does not come with any side effects, so you can rest assured that you’re not putting your dog in jeopardy of having an adverse reaction. Let’s get started!
About Miniature Poodle Dogs
Miniature Poodles are extremely smart, and they tend to be one of the most obedient dogs in existence. You should keep in mind that every Poodle needs to be groomed regularly; in addition to all of this, they must be exposed to a healthy exercise regime.
In the beginning, Poodles were known for being owned by the French royalty. As time went on, Poodles made their way to the television screens to show off their elegance and intelligence. These loyal dogs will have your back any day, and they’ll outsmart almost every other dog!
Miniature Poodle Dog Health Issues
Miniature Poodles are not known to have specific health conditions, but it is possible that the following ailments can be found in Poodles throughout their lifetime:
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a degenerative disease of the joints that typically affects older Poodles. Unfortunately, Miniature Poodles are more prone than any other breed of Poodle to acquire this ailment, as they often jump up and down on couches and beds to come to snuggle with you; this will make their joints weaker, which often leads to arthritis.
- Epilepsy: This disease can affect any breed of dog, including the Poodle. Once the neurons start to travel throughout the brain uncontrollably, a seizure can result. Each seizure can vary in length and severity, which makes it difficult to watch and treat.
- Intervertebral Disc Disease: A herniated disc causes IDD in the spine. This, in turn, causes the disc to press on other areas of the spine, causing several problems. Some of the most common issues include back pain, inability to walk, and sometimes paralysis.
How Can CBD Oil Help My Miniature Poodle Dog?
CBD oil has been known to help several breeds of dogs with several different treatment plans. For Miniature Poodles, CBD can do the following:
- Arthritis: Arthritis may be a degenerative disease of the joints, but it is also associated with an extreme inflammatory response. While the joints and surrounding areas are inflamed, they need to find a way to soothe themselves. Instead of having your pup take prescription medications, administer CBD oil to them and watch the pain subside.
- Epilepsy: In recent research cases, epileptic seizures have been known to fade away when dog owners give their beloved pups CBD oil. Though the oil may not get epilepsy to go away completely, it will drastically reduce the seizures and symptoms associated with epilepsy.
- Intervertebral Disc Disease: When the herniated disc presses on other areas of the spine and spinal tissue, it results in inflammation that can cause even more problems. Technically the back pain and inability to walk are all associated with pain and inflammation. Cut that pain and inflammation in half, or more, by administering CBD oil or products.
Are Miniature Poodle Dogs Having Success with CBD?
Success stories have come back from research studies and personal testimonies stating that CBD oil is drastically improving the lives of many Miniature Poodles. Not only can CBD oil and products help Miniature Poodles, but it can also help Standard and Toy Poodles, too.
If you have any doubts whatsoever, consult with your veterinarian or head on over to other areas of our site to see what other dog parents have to say about the topic.