3 CBD Dog Treat Recipes To Delight and Nourish Your Four-Legged Friends
Date Published: 2019-03-10
Date Updated: 2020-05-03
There are many benefits of CBD oil for dogs, which is why so many dog-lovers buy CBD dog treats for their furry friends. But did you know that you can make your own CBD-enriched dog treats at home? Here are a few easy recipes for CBD dog treats.
Please note that the measurements of CBD oil assume your dog uses one drop a day. Please check our dosage chart and adjust accordingly.
No-Bake Pumpkin and Turmeric CBD Dog Treats
These no-bake treats are perfect for dogs with inflammatory conditions. Both CBD and turmeric have anti-inflammatory properties, and the crack of black pepper helps your dog absorb the goodness of turmeric.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree*
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tsp. turmeric
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- CBD oil
*Ensure that the pumpkin puree is pure pumpkin with no added preservatives or sweeteners. Be especially careful to avoid xylitol, a common sweetener that’s extremely toxic to dogs, even in small doses.
- Mix the pumpkin, honey, turmeric, coconut oil, and black pepper in a bowl until it’s all mixed together well.
- Add the rolled oats. You might want to add more or less oats to make it the right consistency. It should feel like a cookie dough consistency.
- Put parchment paper on a small baking sheet. Break off equal pieces of cookie dough and roll them into balls. A melon scooper or ice-cream scoop might be helpful. Ideally, you’d want to get about 14 balls out of this mixture, but the final number depends on how large the balls are.
- Now it’s time to add the CBD oil. The amount of oil you add depends on how much your dogs need. Assuming your dogs need one drop of CBD oil a day, add one drop to each treat and give them one treat a day. If you’re unsure which dosage to use, check our CBD oil for dogs dosage chart.
- Place the balls in the fridge so that they can harden. This should take 15 minutes.
- They can be refrigerated for about two weeks.
Since this recipe makes 14 and lasts about two weeks, you can give your dog one a day, every day!
Peanut Butter CBD-Enriched Dog Cookies
These dog cookies combine the deliciousness of apple sauce and peanut butter with the goodness of CBD oil. They’re sure to be a hit with your furry friends!
- 1 cup apple sauce *
- ½ cup peanut butter *
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- CBD oil
*Ensure that the apple sauce and peanut butter don’t contain toxic preservatives or sweeteners. Be especially careful to avoid xylitol, a common sweetener that’s extremely toxic to dogs, even in small doses.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit (170 degrees Celcius).
- Mix the apple sauce, peanut butter, and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Add the baking soda and flour while stirring.
- Mix until everything is well-combined. Ideally, you’d like it to be a dough-like consistency. If necessary, add more flour or a little water to change the consistency.
- Roll the dough into small balls. Alternatively, roll the dough out and use cookie cutters to divide them up. You want them to be about a quarter of an inch (half a centimeter) in thickness.
- Put parchment paper or wax paper on a baking sheet. Add the cookie dough to the sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Once cooled down completely, add the CBD oil to the cookies. If your dog needs one drop of CBD oil a day, add one drop to each treat. Allow the oil to soak into the cookies.
Store the biscuits in an airtight container. Give your dog one treat a day, or more if they need an extra dose.
Sweet Potato and Yogurt CBD-Enriched Dog Treats
This is also a no-bake recipe that is super easy to do. The mashed sweet potato can be exchanged for mashed pumpkin. These delicious cold treats are perfect for the warm summer months!
The number of treats this recipe yields will depend on the size of your molds.
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- CBD oil
- Mix the yogurt with the sweet potato mash and coconut oil in a large bowl. Ensure it’s mixed thoroughly.
- Scoop the mixture into silicon molds or ice trays.
- Add CBD oil to each treat. If your dog needs one drop of CBD oil a day, add one drop to each treat.
- Put the trays or molds into the freezer for about three hours.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Give your dog one a day, or more to increase the dosage.